So, kids, I know what you’re thinking.
As-Isn’t Presents: Halloween, Vol. 1
You’re hosting a Halloween party on the rooftop terrace of your new apartment building. That one chick from back home just moved out to the east coast for art school, and you want her to see what you’ve made of your life. You know, the same girl who rocks green and pink Air Force IIs and acts like she’s caught the holy ghost1 every time she hears HOLY GHOST!
At a time like this only one thought runs through your mind, endlessly repeating: Why wasn’t Mahatma Gandhi ever awarded a Nobel Peace Prize?2
Anyways, here is a mixtape that captures some of our favorite artists at the height of their musical ghoulishness. Enjoy it while you trick or treat, or afterwards when you’re eating your candy. Or whenever, really.
1. Look Daggers – The Youth Is Getting Restless
2. SALEM feat. Gucci Mane – Round One (Remix)
3. Theophilus London – Fatality
4. Dead Man’s Bones – My Body’s A Zombie For You
5. Gnarls Barkley – The Boogie Monster
6. DJ Spooky – 5 Million Ways To Kill A CEO
7. MGMT – The Handshake
8. Aphex Twin – Windowlicker
9. Eels – Fresh Blood
10. Kid Cudi feat. Ratatat – Alive (Nightmare)
11. YACHT – Ring The Bell
12. Hudson Mohawke – Ooops (Remix)
13. Tobacco – Gross Magik
14. SALEM – OhK